The ASU-85 (Russian: Авиадесантная самоходная установка, АСУ-85, romanized: Aviadesantnaya Samokhodnaya Ustanovka, ASU-85 – airborne self-propelled mount) is a Soviet-designed airborne self-propelled gun of the Cold War era. From 1959, it began to replace the open-topped ASU-57 in service.[ It was, in turn, replaced by the BMD-1, however continued its service until the mid 90’s. The ASU was airportable and supported the Soviet VDV forces. It was armed with a 85 mm main gun D-70 (2A15) and coaxial MG. Some were armed with an Anti Aircraft HMG on a modified turret hatch.